CPF: evolution recap
Discover all the evolutions linked to the CPF
What is the CPF?
The purpose of the Personal Training Account (CPF) is to give everyone the means to develop professionally and to secure their professional career, in particular by progressing by at least one level of qualification during their professional life.
All the information is available on the website moncompteformation.gouv.fr.
Who are the CPF's recipients?
- Employees, including those on apprenticeship or professionalisation contracts
- Job seekers
- Self-employed workers since 2018 (craftsmen, shopkeepers, micro-entrepreneurs, self-employed entrepreneurs, farmers, artist authors, etc.), liberal professions or self-employed professions and collaborating spouses.
- Public officials
How is the CPF supplied?
Since January 1st, 2019, the CPF has been supplied in euros and no longer in hours:
- 500 euros per year, capped at 5000 euros.
- 800 euros per year, capped at 8,000 euros, for the least qualified employees.
The rights to the CPF vary according to the professional situation:
- Part-time employees: If the working time is between 50% and 100% of full time, the same rights as full-time employees apply. An extension is planned for employees whose part-time working time is less than 50% of full time.
- Job seekers: Periods of unemployment do not entitle you to CPF rights. But the CPF can be used by job seekers to train themselves.
- Self-employed workers : The CPF of self-employed workers, members of the liberal professions and members of the self-employed professions, collaborating spouses, artist authors, will be funded in 2020 as part of the activities in 2018 and 2019,
- Officials: The CPF account of public or contractual agents has been automatically credited since the first half of 2018. The CPF account of the statutory agents of the consular chambers has been credited since the second half of 2018. CPF counters for civil servants remain displayed in hours and are not converted into euros.
Hours acquired before January 1, 2019?
The hours recorded on the CPF on 31 December 2018 (including DIF hours) have been converted into euros at a rate defined by decree at €15 per hour.
Important: Hours acquired by employees under the DIF before the CPF came into force can only be used until 31 December 2020.
Which training courses are eligible for the CPF?
The use of the CPF remains limited to qualifying or certifying training courses. Are eligible for the CPF, training courses that lead to:
- a certification or authorization registered in the "specific directory of certifications and authorizations"
- a diploma, professional qualification certificate (CQP) or block of competences, registered in the RNCP (Répertoire national des certifications professionnelles)
- a skills assessment, a Validation of acquired experience (VAE) action, B and HGV permits, a support and advice action for business creators or buyers or action related to the exercise of voluntary or voluntary missions.
How to use the Personal Training Account?
The procedures for requesting training from employees under the personal training account vary depending on the nature of the training and when the training takes place.
- Training outside working time: If the training takes place outside working time, the employer's agreement is not required on either the content or the dates.
- Working time training: If the training takes place in whole or in part on working time, the employer's agreement is required on the dates of the training and its content, except in certain specific cases. The employee must send his training request
Who funds the CPF?
In 2019, Competency Operators (OPCOs) will continue to fund educational and training costs, in accordance with applicable rules. From 2020 onwards, the CPF (excluding individual projects under the "professional transition" CPF) will be managed by the Caisse des dépôts et consignations, which will take care of training activities according to the amount available on the person's counter and any possible contributions.
What if the cost of the training is higher than the amount available?
There are several possibilities of matching funds (additional financial assistance) in the event that the amount on the CPF meter is insufficient to cover the entire training. The CPF can be subscribed by:
- the employee himself
- the company which can contribute to the CPF of its employees within the framework of a collective agreement providing for more favourable conditions for supplying the CPF
- the region
How to access eligible training courses?
Since November 21, 2019, CPF beneficiaries can have direct access to CPF-eligible training courses on the moncompteformation website or via the mobile application.