TOEIC ® Remote Proctoring Test
Our remote TOEIC® test is not available for sale on our website. To take this test, you must go through a partner organisation only.
Once you have successfully completed the technical setup (steps detailed at the top of this page), you will receive an email containing the link to your test and instructions on how to proceed on the day of the test.
Important: if you do not complete all required settings, you will not receive the email to take the test.
If there is an interruption to the test platform during the test, you will be able to continue the test by logging in again via the link shared by ProctorExam. All questions you answered before the platform interruption are saved and you will start from the last question you saw.
On the day of the test, you must have a valid original ID with signature and recent photograph:
- Identity Card or passport for candidates from the European Union
- Passport for non-European candidates (residence permits are not accepted)
- Driver's license or military card for candidates taking the test in their country of citizenship (for example, a French driver's license is accepted if you take the test in France)
- Student cards are not accepted
Candidates who do not present an ID accepted by ETS Global (see the exhaustive list in the Examinee Handbook) will have their score invalidated after the test.
We kindly remind you that in France, identity cards are valid for an additional 5 years only if it was issued to an adult (+18 years) between 2006 and 2013. You can find more information about this here.
If you encounter an issue before or on the day of the test, you can contact ProctorExam via the chat support available on the right side of your screen.
The test is the same, but in a digital format! You hear each question once and there is no timer on the listening questions. Please note that, unlike the on-site test, you can only see the questions one at a time.
If you need help, please use the chat on the ProctorExam platform and do not raise your hand, as indicated on the test platform.
If your institution registered you: to cancel or change your test date, please contact your institution. Only your institution can cancel or reschedule your registration.
If you have received a registration voucher: you can cancel your registration until the day of the session. Log in to your online account, under the heading "Upcoming tests". Cancel your current registration and an email with a new link to re-register will be sent to you instantly. Haven't created an account? Contact our ETS Global Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check your inbox and your spam! Once the voucher order is confirmed by our partners, we send an email to the test takers email address that was provided to us by the institution. This email contains a link that will allow you to register.
A reminder will be sent to you every Monday until you register for a test session. If you have not received the email or are having problems using your voucher, please contact ETS Global Customer Service at email@example.com.
We take our exams very seriously. Filming with your computer camera and mobile phone allows us to ensure that our candidates follow the strict rules of the exam at home, just as if you were participating in a physical test.
Please ensure that your devices meet the following requirements:
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 8.1 or higher, or Mac OS X 10.11 or higher
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome
- Internet connection: We highly recommend an Ethernet connection for better stability or a download/upload speed of at least 2 Mbps
- Camera: External or built into the computer
- Sound system: The audio must come out of your computer. Headphones or headsets are not authorised and will lead to score cancellation.
- Smartphone: Android 5.1 or higher or iOS (Apple) 10.0 or higher. Your smartphone must have a Wi-Fi connection.
Note: Huawei P30, Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016), Google Pixel 3 and newer are not compatible.
Please make sure that all apps on your computer are completely closed before the beginning of the test.
We highly recommend using an Ethernet cable for your internet connection to provide the best experience. If you don't have one, you may use Wi-Fi as a backup solution as long as it’s stable. As a last resort, if you don’t have Ethernet or Wi-Fi connection, you can use your 4G mobile hotspot, but this should be a plan C only!
I have questions about setting up my computer and the ProctorExam monitoring software, who do I contact?
Are you having trouble setting up your computer or encountering technical problems stopping you from starting your test? Please contact the ProctorExam chat at the bottom right of your screen where a dedicated team is at your disposal to help you with all these problems and to help you in case of emergency.
If you did not take the test or were unable to access it due to a technical problem, your voucher will be automatically reactivated. You will receive an email with a link to re-register for a future date, within the time limit set by your institution.
Unfortunately, neither your school nor ETS Global’s Customer Service team has information about the status of your score until the session has been reviewed by our Security team.
- If your score is cancelled, you will be notified by email.
- If your score is cancelled due to a technical problem and you registered for your test session with a voucher, your voucher will automatically be reactivated. You will receive an email with a link to register for a new test within the time period set by your institution.
All test results are reviewed by the ETS Global Security team. Please be patient, you will be informed by email when your score is available, usually within 10 days of your test date.
On the day of the test, you will be connected to both the TOEIC and ProctorExam platforms simultaneously. 2 windows/tabs will be opened on your browser:
- A window for the TOEIC test platform
- A window for the ProctorExam monitoring platform.
Only these two windows and applications are allowed on your computer on test day.
At the end of your test, click on the "Exit" button at the bottom right of the TOEIC platform, then at the top right on the blue "Finish test" button of the ProctorExam platform. Make sure that you have finished your test before clicking on these buttons.