Based on the long-standing heritage and expertise of the TOEFL® test, the TOEFL ITP® tests allow you to measure and evaluate your students’ English-language skills with confidence. These English assessments offer unparalleled flexibility, convenience and reliability - you choose when you want to test, the size of the group and various situations in which to use the test, including placement, monitoring process and much more.
The TOEFL ITP Assessment Series gives you the right tools to know where your students are today, inspire them and provide new opportunities to lead them to a successful tomorrow.
Did you know?
- The TOEFL ITP Assessment Series is relied upon by more than 2,500 institutions in 50+ countries.
- The TOEFL ITP tests can be paper or digitally delivered.
The TOEFL ITP® tests are highly respected English language assessments, helping students attend English-speaking academic institutions all over the world. Accepted by more than 10,000 universities and other institutions in over 150 countries, these tests make you more marketable and give you opportunities to succeed.
- Listening Comprehension measures the ability to understand spoken English as it is used in colleges and universities.
- Structure and Written Expression measures recognition of selected structural and grammatical points in standard written English.
- Reading Comprehension measures the ability to read and understand academic reading material in English.
Using these evaluations, you will be able to pinpoint the areas in which students need help so you can tailor your teaching to meet those needs.
The TOEFL ITP Level 1 and Level 2 tests can be used for placement, monitoring progress, evaluation, exit testing and other situations. By using the TOEFL ITP tests, you can keep your students on track and give them confidence in their real-world abilities.
The TOEFL ITP® Level 1 test lasts about 2 hours and assesses students at Intermediate to Advanced levels. The minimum total score is 310 and the maximum is 677. The test is composed of 140 questions. It is divided into 3 sections:
- Listening Comprehension: this section is composed of 50 questions and lasts 35 minutes. The score ranges from 31 to 68.
- Structure and Written Expression: this section is composed of 40 questions and lasts 25 minutes. The score ranges from 31 to 68.
- Reading Comprehension: this section is composed of 50 questions and lasts 55 minutes. The score ranges from 31 to 67.
Test takers will receive a score report that includes performance feedback. This is a reflection of the student’s performance level and a description of the kinds of tasks that test takers can typically do within the reported score range. The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) provides additional information about TOEFL scores by providing a global interpretation.
The TOEFL ITP® Level 2 test lasts approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes and assesses students at High Beginner to Intermediate levels. Composed of 95 questions, the minimum total score is 200, while the maximum is 500. It is divided into 3 sections:
- Listening Comprehension: this section is composed of 30 questions and lasts 22 minutes. The score ranges from 20 to 50.
- Structure and Written Expression: this section is composed of 25 questions and lasts 17 minutes. The score ranges from 20 to 50.
- Reading: this section is composed of 40 questions and lasts 31 minutes. The score ranges from 20 to 50.
The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) provides additional information about TOEFL scores by providing a global interpretation.
The TOEFL ITP® Assessment Series can be used for placement, progress, evaluation, exit testing and many other situations. TOEFL ITP scores are for use only by the administering institution.
After a test administration, tests are scored locally and reported to the institution as section scores and a total score. Subdividing the scores provides greater insight into which specific skills need improvement and enables teachers to tailor their instruction accordingly.
All TOEFL ITP score reports include:
- Individual information to distribute to students.
- Institutional information and a score roster for (internal use only): this official document reports the score results of all test takers as well as information related to the testing session.
- Separate section scores to assist you in determining which skills need more work, enabling score users to tailor learning activities to meet the needs of each student.
- Depending on the test taker’s scores, the candidate will receive a certificate (only for scores mapped B1 to C1 on the CEFR).
- Total time: 2h (Level 1) / 1h10 (Level 2)
- Format: paper-and-pencil or online
- Levels assessed: High Beginner to Advanced (A2 to C1)
- Recommended score validity: 2 years
- Skills assessed: the 3 skills (Listening, Reading, Structure and Written Expression)
Prepare for the test TOEFL ITP® tests
Mastering English to make a difference
Are you an academic institution?
We believe that equal opportunities and motivation are essential for your students to achieve their goals.
I sat the TOEFL iBT test during my Master’s application process, it was huge asset in my case. I got a high score, thanks to that I got a scholarship.
I prepared for the TOEFL ITP test with the official preparation book, which allowed me to validate it with a great score!