Parcoursup 2020, what is the outcome?
Parcoursup is the national platform for admission to higher education aimed at future high school graduates’ students, students in reorientation, and apprentices who wish to enrol in post-bac studies. Since 2018, it has replaced the APB (Admission Post-Bac) platform in order to facilitate the school orientation process.
Despite the current situation marked by the Covid-19 crisis, the schedule for the new edition of Parcoursup has been maintained. According to figures from the French Ministry of Higher Education, more than 17,000 training courses took part in the procedure and made nearly 3.4 million proposals for admission of baccalaureate graduates.
The new training courses available this year
Every year, new programmes are added to the procedure. For this edition, the new training courses proposed on the platform are:
- The national veterinary schools.
- Training courses from the Ministry of the Armed Forces.
- New mathematics and economics preparatory classes.
- SciencesPo Paris for which registration will be entirely via the platform.
The 3 key steps to remember
Another new development is that the timing of the procedure matches with the examination periods of the year 2020-2021.
The procedure will take place in three stages, aligned with the baccalaureate calendar:
- 1st trimester: phase of information and discovery of the training courses.
- From January 21st, 2021: phase of registration on the platform and formulation/confirmation of wishes.
- May 27th to July 16th, 2021: main admission phase (training responses).
You can download the Parcoursup 2021 calendar by clicking here.
Did you know that taking a TOEIC® test can be an asset for your Parcoursup file? Indeed, a good level of English can make the difference with other candidates and allow you to be selected for the programme of your choice by enhancing your Parcoursup admission file.