TOEFL Propell® Workshops
to help you prepare your students for the TOEFL® tests
Led by ETS approved trainers in an interactive, hands-on classroom setting, Propell® Workshops open the door to increase success with teaching students English as a second language. It is also an opportunity to interact with peers and provide feedback to help us improve and develop services that meet your needs.
It is a one-day professional development programme designed to help language teachers meet challenges of teaching English to students.
If you are interested in organising a Teacher Workshop for a group of teachers, please contact us.
The TOEFL iBT® test
The Propell® Workshop uses examples from the Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing sections of the TOEFL iBT® test. It provides instructional techniques and strategies for using the integrated-skills approach of teaching language and preparing students for success.
Teachers will receive a Propell® Workshop kit that will guide them through stimulating sessions on teaching techniques, activities and help them learn more about the benefits of the TOEFL iBT® test. It is also an opportunity to interact with peers and provide feedback to help us improve and develop services that meet your needs.
TOEFL ITP® tests
Get the tools you need to help students improve their English-language skills by focusing on three key skills: Listening Comprehension, Reading Comprehension and Structure and Written Expression. Share ideas and learn from fellow workshop attendees. The TOEFL ITP® Teacher Workshops help you:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the test
- See how the measured language skills relate to academic success
- Practice proven techniques using materials that motivate your students
- Learn strategies to assess student skills and abilities
The TOEFL® Young Students Series tests
These workshops are designed for English-language programmes and international schools where the language of instruction is English or schools in non-English-speaking countries that focus on teaching content through English. The workshop will help you gain knowledge, approaches and strategies that you can bring back to the classroom for success. During these workshops for the TOEFL Primary® and TOEFL Junior® tests, you will:
- Deepen your understanding of tests and learning materials
- Analyse teaching and learning needs
- Develop classroom instruction materials that encourage students to communicate in English
- Learn how to adapt instructional materials to suit students' ages, needs and learning styles
- Design and implement instruction with clear learning objectives