The remote proctoring solution: flexibility and security
- No packages to receive or to ship.
- No room or proctor to be mobilised for the organisation of the session.
- Great flexibility in scheduling sessions (from Monday to Saturday, 24 hours a day depending on available timeslots).
- Scores received by the institution referent at least 4 days after the session.
- Sessions proctored remotely by our partner ProctorExam to ensure reliable scores.
- Students, even those who have relocated (students on internships, apprentices outside school, international students, etc.) can take the test from home.
- Display of the provisional score immediately at the end of the session.
- A step-by-step guide for the configuration of their computer before and during the test.
- A solution that respects candidates’ personal data.
Which test will your students take?
- MCQ of 200 questions, 2 hours;
- Listening and Reading section;
- Score scale: 10 to 990 points, CEFR A1 to C1;
- Administration rules (identification accepted, behaviour during the test).
Download the Examinee Handbook by clicking here.
Technical requirements for candidates
Each candidate must be equipped with a computer to take the test and a smartphone to enable monitoring of the room and the screen connected to the power supply throughout the session.
- Browsers: Google Chrome latest version.
- PC or Mac with webcam.
- Required operating system: Microsoft Windows 8.1 or higher or Mac Os X 10.11 or higher.
Smartphone requirements: minimum version iOS 8.0 or Android 4.1.
Internet connection: we strongly recommend an Ethernet connection for more stability, however the test can be done in wifi.
Download the complete technical requirements by clicking here.
The TOEIC test online with remote proctoring has helped us overcome the challenges we had before. It is adapted to our changing world, and is in line with pedagogical innovation in education.
Organisation of test sessions and score delivery
You schedule your test sessions for the number of candidates you want based on the availability displayed in the ordering module. Your candidates receive all the information they need to set up their positions before the test day. Your students take the online test from home, they are monitored as well as their screen and environment for the whole duration of the test.
At the end of the test session, the candidates obtain their provisional scores. Any inappropriate behaviour is analysed, if a case of cheating is confirmed, the score will not be communicated to you. The list of validated scores is sent to you by email at least four calendar days after the test session. They are also available on your ETS Global online account.
Learn more about the remote proctoring system
To set up this service, we chose to partner with ProctorExam, a major provider in remote test monitoring. Their solution offers:
- A technical support for the candidate before and during the test session.
- A proven prevention system allowing the same administration rules to be applied as for the test sessions in your testing site.
- An efficient detection of inappropriate behaviour.
- A full compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
ProctorExam has been chosen by the Public Interest Grouping FUN MOOC – France Université Numérique, an initiative launched by the Ministry of Higher Education and Research in October 2013.