As a result, all training hours acquired on December 31st, 2018 under the CPF and the DIF (individual right to training) have been converted into euros and each hour of training is valued at €15 (amount set by Decree No 2018-1153 of December 14, 2018).
Understand the conversion of existing hours
As an example:
- A full-time employee who had accumulated 120 DIF* hours as of December 31, 2014 and who has never used them now has €1,800 available
- To this amount will be added the 72 (maximum) hours of CPF collected since 2015 and the 24 hours acquired for the year 2018;
- In total, if they never used their training hours (DIF and CPF), they will have €3,240** to train.
* Maximum number of DIF hours that can be accumulated
**Amount credited from April 2019 onwards
The rights acquired under the DIF may only be used until 31 December 2020. If they are not mobilised before this deadline, the rights linked to the DIF will be lost!
Amount of rights
- 500 €/year: For any employee who has worked at least part-time for the whole year. Maximum limit set at €5,000 maximum
- 800 €/year: For the less-skilled employees who have worked at least part-time for the whole year. Maximum limit set at €8,000 maximum
Employer's absence authorisation
Without the permission of the employer
- If the training takes place outside working time
With the permission of the employer
- If the training is followed in whole or in part during working time, the employee must obtain the prior agreement of the employer
At least 60 days before the beginning of the training:
- If the training takes less than 6 months
- If it involves a continuous interruption of work of less than 6 months for a professional transition leave
- If the training is conducted on a part-time basis
At least 120 days before the beginning of the training:
- If the training takes more than 6 months
- If it involves a continuous interruption of work of at least 6 months for a professional transition leave